Saturday, September 11, 2010

Semi Homemade Cinnamon Rolls


I woke up craving cinnamon because to me, cinnamon is an autumn flavor (although I'll eat it year round) and the weather this morning was wonderful. Crisp, cool, it gave me proof that despite my doubts, summer was in fact going to end (yay!). I started perusing food blogs and tastykitchen.com for some sort of cinnamon breakfast bread recipe but they were all either too complicated to make at 8am or I was lacking some of the ingredients. Instead I opted to make some semi homemade cinnamon rolls using crescent roll dough. These are not low fat but they are only 135 calories per roll. For an even healthier option use reduced fat crescent rolls.

Ingredients:
Pillsbury big and flaky crescent dough
1 tbs margarine
1/2  cup brown sugar
3 tsp cinnamon
3 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Mix butter, sugar, and spices together

Roll out crescents and pinch the seams together to make one solid sheet of dough.

Spread butter mixture onto dough, leaving about 1/2 and inch on all sides.

Roll the dough back up so it looks like it did when it came out of the package.

Slice dough into 10 slices, put on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment