Monday, September 27, 2010

Dark Chocoloate Chip Maple Pumpkin Bread

I'm not sure I want to even consider the amount of calories in this, especially since I've convinced myself that it's an acceptable breakfast and dessert food, which means I can eat it twice a day. I really shouldn't though. But if I eat a slice for breakfast and then skip my mid morning snack it might be OK. These are the kinds of internal battles I have in my head on a daily basis. Why can't sugar and fat be good for you? **UPDATE** there are 216 calories per slice, and one loaf provides 8 good sized slices, I just couldn't take not knowing.

On another note, I am trying desperately to shove this weather into cooler temperatures via my cooking. So far it's not working. Today's high is 106! It's "near record breaking" according to the weather channel; isn't that cool?! We're breaking records here.

Anyway, here is the recipe:

1 cup of pumpkin pie filling
1 - 1/2 cups flour
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 egg
2 tablespoons maple syrup
3/4 cups brown sugar
1/3 cup butter - melted
1 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips.

Heat oven to 350

Mix pumpkin pie filling, butter, vanilla, and egg together then mix in sugar, maple syrup, and pumpkin pie spice.

Then mix in flour and baking soda, just until moistened, fold in chocolate chips.

Pour into a 9x5 loaf pan and if you're feeling fancy put some decorative chocolate chips on top. Cook it for 50 minutes and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment