Saturday, April 24, 2010

Oh My Goodness! I Can Bake!







I made that! I even invented the recipe...sort of, I thought of the flavor pairings. But look at it!!! It doesn't look like a 5 year old put it together. Unfortunately after my last fiasco I didn't bother making the cake from scratch, it is from a box. But the frosting was homemade and I put a nice layer of apricot preserves in between the two layers so I feel like it isn't entirely a box cake. The cake is Duncan Hines French Vanilla and the buttercream recipe came from here, but the idea to put apricot preserves was my idea entirely. After it was photographed from every angle possible we all ate a slice and although it was delicious the entire family decided buttercream frosting just isn't really our thing, it's a little too rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment