Friday, April 16, 2010

In Case You Need More Proof...

That I suck at baking and photographing food. Here is what it is supposed to look like. Isn't it pretty, with those delicate little lime slices? Doesn't it look perfectly moist and doesn't the glaze look wonderfully crisp?

Scroll down to see mine
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Doesn't it look like a 5 year old did it? For as long as I can remember I have been really bad at baking. In fact it wasn't until last year that I could finally make a cake from a box mix, and even then it didn't look pretty. I can however make some pretty delicious cheesecake but that's about as good as I get when it comes to baking. In case you are wondering how this happened I will explain. I had recently purchased a silicone bundt pan and was under the impression that silicone baking tools were magical, after all they resemble plastic yet they can withstand extremely high temperatures. That just screamed magical to me. I was also under the impression that cooling racks were for cooling things off on. It just makes sense right? Well since silicone was magical in my eyes I figured it did not need non stick spray, so that was my first mistake, I did not prep the pan at all. Secondly, as soon as it came out of the oven I flipped it upside down so it could cool on the cooling rack. Only half of it came out of the pan, the rest was stuck to the bottom. Now, the good thing here is that it tasted ok. It wasn't really my ideal flavor, maybe it was a little too lemony, but it wasn't bad either so although my baking looks awful it doesn't taste awful.

So there you have it, my latest baking fiasco.

No comments:

Post a Comment