Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Apple and Raspberry Cup-pies


Just like cupcakes, but in pie form. These came to me in a dream, which is actually becoming more and more common these days. I dream about cooking and lately it's been apples because of our current apple abundance.I had my doubts about these so when I made them I didn't bother measuring ingredients but I'm going to do my best to remember about how much of everything I used.

What you need:
Pie Crust (home made or store bought)
1 apple
1 cup raspberries
2 tsp flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tbs dark brown sugar
2 tbs white sugar
Vanilla

Pre-heat oven to 425 and grease a muffin pan with 6 wells. Using either a round cookie cutter or a drinking glass cut 12 circles out of the pie crust. Place a circle of crust into the bottom of each well.

Peel and dice apple and mix it with flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Fill 3 of the muffin wells with the apple filling.

In a separate bowl combine the raspberries, white sugar, and about 1/2 tsp of vanilla. Fill the remaining three wells with this mixture.

Top each cup-pie with the remaining crust circles and bake them for about 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Top them with a dollop of lite cool whip and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment