Sunday, July 25, 2010

Decadent, Healthy Chicken Enchiladas


Yum! These were so good it's really hard not to eat the filling before it makes its way into enchilada form. Typically chicken enchiladas have a sour cream base which is tasty but I prefer cream cheese. I love cream cheese, it is so versatile!

Sometimes when I make dinner Nick repeatedly says "This is really good baby" but he says it with this strange tone as if he's saying it as a way of convincing himself that it's not awful and then once we're done eating he'll admit it wasn't his favorite dinner. He doesn't always share the same enthusiasm for food that I do so when I incorporate a new food into our menu I never know what he'll think. Well he kept telling me how amazing these enchiladas were last night so naturally I thought he was lying but it turns out he wasn't, he truly loved them.


•2 whole Chicken Breasts


•½ packages McCormick Baja Citrus Marinade

•¼ cups Diced Onion

•½ whole Diced Jalapeno

•⅓ packages Light Cream Cheese

•2 cans Herdez Salsa Verde

•1 can Diced Green Chillies

•2 dashes Salt

•½ teaspoons Cumin

•8 whole Corn Tortillas

•½ cups Shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese
 
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.




Marinade chicken according to McCormick package instructions and then grill it. I grill a couple of pounds of chicken in this marinade and save it for recipes through out the week.



Shred or dice two chicken breasts and place in a bowl. Add diced onions, jalapeno, cream cheese, salt, cumin, and one can or herdez salsa. Mix it together until creamy.



Stack 8 tortillas on a microwave safe plate. Lightly spray every other tortilla with cooking spray and microwave for 1 minute or until tortillas are soft.



Spoon about 2 tablespoons of chicken mixture into each tortilla and roll tortilla up. Place tortilla, seam side down in a 13×9 baking dish.



Mix can of diced chillies with 1/2 can of herdez salsa verde. Pour evenly over the top of the enchiladas, sprinkle cheese over the top and bake for 20 minutes. Then broil or about 5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and browned in spots

I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment