Monday, August 30, 2010

Last weeks goals, a luau, and a picture

The goals I made last week were not 100% met. I didn't even attempt to write out a business plan, I exhausted every effort to register for classes but was still unable to do so, but my cooking club idea is doing really well, we've got a lot of people interested and a bunch of people that I've never met are coming so the word is getting out there. I'm really excited about it and I hope it turns out well.

The school thing has left me feeling very defeated. I spent Monday - Thursday trying to get things sorted out, waiting for responses, calling random departments, etc and then once everything I needed to do had been done I found out that all classes were closed and completely full. So I can not go to school at UTEP this semester. I was really mad. But I am not just going to sit here for 5 months and twiddle my thumbs, I will literally lose my mind doing that. I guess I'm going to have to take a couple of classes at AMU this semester but I really need the advice of my crappy UTEP advisor to tell me which classes will transfer. I was truly disappointed to find that my environmental science class didn't transfer over. I loved that class but for some reason it didn't satisfy my natural sciences requirement. So because of that I need to speak with someone first about what classes to take. I'm starting to think that maybe I should just stay at AMU, stay a sociology major, and then later get a masters degree from a major university. I don't know. I love the idea of attending a well known school but I just don't know what to do. I will be calling my dad for advice on this one for sure. We're also having an education fair soon so I'll have to check that out.

In addition to running around like a chicken with it's head cut off for school I was planning a back to school luau for Haley and some of her classmates. It went really well and I was happy because I got to plan a menu and cook food. We made some grilled chicken and veggie kabobs, BBQ chicken legs, a no bake peach cheesecake, this really awesome caramel yogurt fruit dip, and some Hawaiian rice. I had such good intentions for that rice, I actually dreamt of it before making it. Unfortunately it was a little bland. I think it's because it was such a big batch. It had jalapeno, cayenne pepper, green onion, crushed pineapple, and coconut milk in it, plus a little garlic. I just can  not cook without cayenne pepper and garlic. I will definitely be trying it again, in a smaller batch. My good friend Vanessa brought her sweet potato fries which were amazing, I'll be making them soon.

Lastly, I had a studio session on Saturday evening and since that studio is such a pain to put up I always make the girls take pics when I have it up. Unfortunately Haley was at a friends house so she didn't get her picture taken but Miss Alice did and this is the result:
I think this weekend we might break out the tripod and head down to 29 Palms Inn and actually do some family photos. That is the plan but it has been the plan many times before and we ALWAYS blow it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment