Monday, May 24, 2010

My Babies

Alice began eating solids recently. I was a little hesitant because she is so young still but I told her doctor she was reaching for my food all the time and she never seemed satisfied after nursing so I was given the OK to start introducing foods. We started with baby cereal which made her gag repeatedly so I tasted it and agreed it was pretty nasty, we tried 3 times on 3 different days and she still hated it so we moved on to avocado which she liked better but still gagged sometimes. So I mixed in some banana and that was the magic trick. She has been eating the avocado/banana mixture for about a week and it's so funny because she loves it so much that she gets mad at us for not feeding her fast enough.

Here she is during on of her first feedings, she looks a little terrified:






It truly amazes me how much Alice looks up to her big sister. I honestly did not expect her to find Haley so cool for another 2-3 years but Alice just adores her. When Haley walks in the room Alice just smiles, she smiles so hard that she uses her entire little body to convey just how happy she is. And she won't take her eyes off of Haley most of the time. Haley also has the power to make her laugh on command. She'll say "gummi bears" and Alice will burst into laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment