Sunday, November 15, 2009

Christmas Tree and Baby Belly





Today in an attempt to relieve boredom Haley and I ventured out to Home Depot and Wal-Mart in search of Christmas decorations. We stopped at home depot and picked up a holiday snoopy inflatable for the yard, a Christmas welcome mat (only $3, go get yourselves one) and then we headed to Wal-Mart. I had told Haley she could save her allowance for half the cost of a little 3ft tree and I would pay for the rest of it if she deserved it. Well last night I ended up having to bring her along to a photo session and she was just awesome so today she got her tree. She chose a pink tree skirt, pink glittery ornaments, and of course a pink topper. I think it's pretty cute and since we aren't putting the big tree up until Nick gets home she gets to keep all the presents under her tree for now.







So...that's my belly. After 32 weeks of carrying around this sweet baby girl that's how big it has gotten. People tell me daily that it's "tiny" which is nice I guess. I definitely do not see it but apparently the majority of society is shocked to find out I only have 8 weeks left before I deliver. By the way, you may have noticed that I am slouching, this is not how I normally stand. I just wanted to seperate the girls from the belly if you catch my drift. Here is what things look like when I stand up straight.



That's probably why people think I look "tiny", because there is hardly any belly definition since my girls think it's a race to see who sticks out the farthest, them or the belly. And no, in case you are wondering, I do not have any shame. It went out the window with my wasteline a few months ago. Oh and since we're on the subject of bellies here is a little conversation Haley and I had earlier today:

Me: The other day I was talking to a man and my belly just started dancing. The baby was doing the cha cha.
Haley: I thought you were an adult.
Me: What do you mean?
Haley: Adults don't say "belly" they say stomach
Me: But my stomach is an organ. The baby is not in my stomach. Technically I should call it my abdomen but I don't want to be technical.
Haley: Be technical. Abdomen. It's not your belly, your tummy, your tum tum, your food processor, it's your abdomen.

No comments:

Post a Comment