|That's me in the pink.|
My issue was with food, I seriously love food and that had become a problem because I ate really unhealthy things like the super greasy (but delicious) chicken fingers from Chilli's. I still day dream about those regularly and I haven't eaten them in 3 years. Or greasy, cheese smothered enchiladas with flour tortillas, refried beans, and rice from El Chapparel. We would go out to dinner and I'd save my left overs and eat them for breakfast the next morning or lunch. Then when we moved to 29 Palms I was plagued with intense boredom and when I quit smoking I used food to satisfy my cravings and relieve some of that boredom.
Here I am last summer with Miss Haley. I was 2 months pregnant and that's where the health kick began:
|At Encinitas weighing 169lbs|
- Stay below 2000 calories, aiming for about 1700-1800
- Pay attention to portions!!! You would be shocked at what some consider a portion. Even meals served at restaurants are sometimes considered 2 or even 3 portions! It's appaling and misleading. Know the portion size before you order or purchase something.
- Think of calories as cash. You only have so much to spend per day. When purchasing groceries try to get not only the most for your money but the most for your calories (look for bigger portions for fewer calories)
- Don't forget to include drinks as part of your diet. Opt for zero calorie beverages or water.
- Choose whole wheat when possible
- Don't assume that reduced fat or fat free is good for you
- Always compare and read labels